Saturday, November 24, 2007

Ahoy there me hearties


Another non knitting post but this is what has been keeping me away from the needles :)
We had a pirate party to celebrate our cheeky chops 3rd birthday. Here he is blowing out the candles on his pirate ship cake.








Meet 'Mick' the pirate pinata. I named him Mick after the big mouth that my husband made for him. He was filled with lollies and tissue paper. He took 2 days to make and a couple of seconds to be destroyed . Next time I will re-enforce with wire the top where the string is attached .

















More paper mache. These are treasure chests that I made for party favours. They were filled with 'jewels' and 'pirate gold' and were a hit with the kids.







1 comment:

colleen said...

Awesome i love making paper mache items.The pirate is great. love it.